View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2004, 21:49 (Ref:1010119)   #20
sawbench
Rookie

sawbench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chezza

The field had passed by the time RS even came to a halt.

There was one of those back markers - Jaguar or a Minardi I think - trying to miss him.

70 second lap and there was time. race direction had yellows all over the track in short order. What problem of speeding cars?

Brakes on F1 cars can kill 5+ G / 210mph to 70mph in less than 100 metres, they are all fitted with radios from pit wall where the team can see the TV pictures we see at home, radio to driver. danger alert, and job done.

They were on Senna in no time, and they were on Barrichello on the Friday at Imola 1994 in no time - and he was the one who had his sinuses filling up with blood so he could not breath. they tipped him up in no time. saved his life. No one talks about how close RB came to death that day in the Jordan.

At times, marshalling needs to be done by wives and families. They'd leap the wall and stabilise him. stuff the risk. they are the best drivers in the world out there. they can handle it.

Can you imagine what Mr Schumacher was thnking at home watching on tv???

I repeat, I am not a RS fan in any shape or form, but I was not impressed. Get the clock on it and time the delay with your video.

Blundell summed it up - it was too long.

Have you seen the video of him going into the wall in Rio Indy circuit when he was injured.? Holy wotsit. un real. He knows. Not any of us.....