View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2004, 08:53 (Ref:1073475)   #76
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Camaroz I am a newbie here but an old hand at these boards and it was allowing me to post pictures as you can see but that facility seems to have disappeared (admin??). These boards for obvious reasons as they have a finite limit of webspace and maybe that has been reached. They all require that image attachments must be of a maximum size. Do you have webspace and can you upload your image files to that because a lot of boards prefer this more complicated method of posting as the image files are stored on your server not using up their bandwidtha so it is very understandable why this is disirable. I will quickly go throuugh how to do this if I am boring you and preaching to the converted I appologise but it may help. I will also posy a picture to make sure this method is still functional.

) Get your image in to Adobe Photoshop, Corel Photopaint or whatever software you use.

(2) Go to Imnage, then Resize )or resample.

(3) In the image size check box that comes up usually defaulting to inches set this to Pixels.

(4) Set the maximum in any direction to 400 pixels i.e. if it is a landscape image set the wider width to 400 pixels. This board seems to impose a limit of 400 pixels, some allow 600 max.

(5) Set the dpi check box to 72dpi the Internet posting standard and make sure the 'Maintain Aspect Ratio' box is checked and click OK. The image will then be resized to the correct proportions.

(6) Go to 'Save as', name the file a simple short all in lower case mame (less confusing for you when posting but not critical) select .jpg as file time and same to a directory of your choice on the hard drive.

(7) Upload the file to your server by using a commoly available FTP (File Transfer Protocul) programe, I use Leech and although no longer developed is very simple to use and widely available for free download.

(8) Go to your topic on the board then go to the full edit box, click on IMG above the text entry box and in the pop up box that appears Ccarefully type the address where your file is stored, not this is case sensitive throughout so be careful and is why I suggested name the file short and sweet and lower case not as im my example.
(9) Click OK and that is it.

IMG]http://www.cadart.com/Jim's_IROC_Page_files/Camaro18.jpg[/IMG]

Front of the IROC as I bought it 4 or 5 years ago, anyone recognise that decal?[

Last edited by Al Weyman; 21 Aug 2004 at 09:00.