View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2004, 09:52 (Ref:1073518)   #90
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
If you are intrested in the ex-Brocks Mk 1 Holden Commadore you may be interseted to know I raced my 3rd Gen Camaro against it several times in the Falken Tyre (now Toyo Tyres) Modified Production Saloon Car Championship backin 96/97.

Unfortunately I was having a few teething problems with the 3rd Gen car (someone nameless could not measure the available bell housing space and the integral hydraulic release bearing was holding the clutch open causing burn out plus a fuel delivery problem due to faulty Holley parts) and could not get on the pace of Peter Barnes in the Commodore. I stopped racing shortly because of a family tragedy in 97 and never did get it right on the track in anger. I have now sorted the car to a great extent and I think it would now have given the Brocky car a damned good run for the money but it was a shame me and Peter never got on the track together with both cars running right as we had great dices over the years in my 2nd Gen and his Capri's. I think Peter sold the car to a Dutch guy, not sure. I know he wanted to buy my 3rd gen but at the time I was not selling.