View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2004, 11:41 (Ref:1178151)   #24
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by toot toot
I would say this is due to money, in my opinion is always seems that foreign drivers are able to get more backing more easily.
Not for Argentinians! GP2 budget is about € 1.000.000, that is equal to $ 4.000.000 (Argentinian pesos). Then for our drivers is difficult because the proposed budget to find is four times higher. Add to this that Argentinian companies are more likely to invest in national series, like Turismo Carretera (the most), TC2000, Top Race and even National Touring, because they see there more financial revenues than if they invest in a driver who goes to race abroad... despite we have the miracleous support from mecenas like Reynaldo Cozzani (who supports the career of Juan Cruz Álvarez) or Bebe Biglieri, and Gastón Mazzacane, who actually is a rara avis between Argentinian drivers who knows how to find sponsors to continue his career in international motorsport (I hope that Gastón will change driving for driver management, to help his countrymen to find seats abroad).
That's why Guerrieri is in financial trouble to find a GP2 seat despite he's backed from an Argentinian motorsport group (the Lincoln SportsGroup which has itself a Turismo Carretera team) and why López has only few local sponsors which really doesn't put enough backing to his car.
Arcor, Mastellone, Pérez Companc, Tenaris-Techint, even Repsol-YPF... Why these companies doesn't have interest to support our drivers???