View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1192922)   #10
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
F1 finances (teams or otherwise) have always been something of rumour and speculation. I generally get my info from BusinessF1.

It's also worth nothing that as a general rule for every $1 spent on sponsorship you have to spend $2 to support it - via hospitality, advertising, PR and marketing. Obviously this will not be accounted for in team budgets, but it's likely that the main manufacturers are spending considerable sums on top of developing and funding engines plus 'sponsoring' teams.

For example, look at the amount of trackside avertising Toyota bought this year, similarly remember Jaguar's Racing's first British GP, the marketing men nailed green Jaguar branding to almost every available surface - all at an additional cost to the money they were spending on the team.

Last edited by Super Tourer; 4 Jan 2005 at 15:30.