View Single Post
Old 24 May 2000, 13:25 (Ref:12295)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It became a law in America about 10-12 years ago that the driver and passenger of a car must be seatbelted. I know this is the case in England as well. Do you wear your seatbelt? Do you use the child seats for your small children? I wear mine. I did before it became a law. All it took was a bad wreck to prove it too me.

I see so many people driving down the road not wearing their seatbelt. And worse, I see so many people driving witht heir kids bouncing up and down in the back seat like it was a trampoline.

I've heard a lot of excuses. What if I crash into the river? I could drown! If you regularly crash into the river or any other large body of water you should not be driving at all.
What if my car catches fire? I could burn to death! Do not drive a car that you fear may catch fire at some time.
I am a good driver. I never have accidents. Eventually you most likely will be involved and possibly through no fault of your won. The statistics are littered with people with impeccable driving records who have been killed through no fault of their own.
My kids just won't stay buckled up. Who is the parent here? Who is in charge? That is a very lame excuse.

What do the rest of you say? Is it a law in your country as well?