Thread: The real BMWs
View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2005, 18:44 (Ref:1265572)   #13
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a racing driver and regardless of style and image, I have often have driven BMWs because they are fun to drive and excellent cars mechanically. I have had a Z3, two 5 series and two 3 series. I have to admit though that I greatly dislike the new 3 series (the back has no appeal to me) as I was fond of the previous model. I still cannot figure out if I like the Z4 or not, which means probably not...I'm not fond of the 5 series either (although it seems to me the most visually acceptable model in the range) and the 7 series trunk looks like it was just added on top of the rest of the car....The 1 series does not look striking to me either...So altough their products are technically unquestionable, I've stopped buying BMW and went for a Peugeot 407 : cheap enough, great looking car, competent chassis and does 80% of what a series 3 does. I'll go back to BMW when I have both the driving fun factor and joy to look at them. For the kind of money they're asking, that's the least I expect.