Thread: 10 car garage
View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2005, 20:17 (Ref:1266522)   #66
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooh, missed this one...what a good thread.

1. Off Road: Got to be a Defender, I'm afraid. The only choice for a 4x4...I'll have none of those Porsche/VW monstrosities. Ideally I'd have a soft-top 90.

2. People Carrier: Bell/Agusta BA609 Tiltrotor - a VTOL aeroplane (v. practical) with seating for nine and a range of nearly 2000km. Marvellous.

3. Track Day: If I've got my own VTOL plane then I can afford to get myself a DTM-spec CLK. Marvellous.

4. Fancy: I would like to turn up to my red carpet do (preferably the day I'm nominated for an Oscar) in a Renault Vel Satis, perhaps one of the coolest cars of our time.

5. City car: Like our esteemed Garcon I would like a black cab - I have always dreamed of having one - immensely cool - and being able to wind people up. Would be a good choice for said Oscars event above if a Vel Satis was nowhere to be found. In fact, if I lived in LA (which I will), I would have a London Taxi shipped over.

6. 4 door sedan: Mercedes CLS AMG? Well, it's got 4 doors. It would have to be in black, mind you.

7. Exotic: An Aston Martin DB9 would do me...having said that I would get someone to convert it to an estate for me. Just because I could.

8. Roadster: A Smart Roadster - lovely little car, just goes to show that money isn't the be-all-and-end-all of top motoring. Helps, though. See above.

9. Sports car: Sports car to me says classic and British...an XKR, maybe. Sexiest car on the road today, I reckon.

10. Classic: A Citroen 2CV. Love it.