View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2005, 15:43 (Ref:1285170)   #21
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm quiet disappointed that Cosworth will not be supplying anyone for next year, with the possible exception of Minardi. RBR has made it sound like it was a cost issue. It sounds like RBR had to pay Cosworth quiet a bit of money this year for their engines. I think it's a big mistake, I'm convinced if the smaller teams ganged up together they could get better engines from Cosworth than they could by getting "B" engines from manufacturers.

I can't help but remember back a couple years in the IRL. Cosworth designed a 3.5L V8 for Champ Car, which was the same displacement used by the IRL, but I believe the revs were different (thus one would expect it to be best under the initial design conditions). Champ Car ended up doing a U-turn on their specs, so Cosworth (Ford at the time) had this engine sitting around collecting dust. They made a deal with GM to brand it as a Chevy (GenIV)and introduced it 1/2-2/3 of the way through the IRL season. Cosworth's neglected garbage really embarrassed Toyota and Honda. My point? These guys can build great engines. I think they could really be benificial to the lesser teams.

Last edited by Snrub; 23 Apr 2005 at 15:51.