View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2005, 08:41 (Ref:1370843)   #4
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
False Economy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
the pads are fine, they were replaced at the last service. the only thing that worried me slightly is that the abs kicked in twice yesterday in slightly unnecessary places. i *am* the last of the late brakers, especially where the car has had most of it's use, but we're going on an autobahn trek so it shouldn't be too bad.

i had a set of front pads completely wear down without the warning light coming on once, so that's been and done

the discs look fine, and the car's done this sort of mileage (1,400 miles in 3 days) before without issues, so i'm fairly relaxed (read : still in denial).

thanks for the advice
The machine is telling you something Bella....even new pads will be useless if the Disk Rotors are undersize. It just ain't worth the grief and worry if you are setting off on a long journey...especially...especially if you are the last of the late brakers!!!

Get a few quotes to replace the rotors...you may consider something like EBC Green Stuff pads...or maybe even Black in your case