Old 18 Aug 2005, 21:03 (Ref:1385845)   #52
RobC
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
RobC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuauto
No "we" ie. one club runs events at all those venues! You have just shot down your own point with examples like Castle Combe and Colerne. The sport needs additional venues because these are oversubscribed (and too many of those have been screwed for real motorsport by track day commercial operators tying them up - or, in the case of Dunsfold
I think you really need to get your facts right before spouting off. Castle Combe has spare capacity to run more speed events. I know this how? because one of the clubs I belong to is organising a second event there for the 2006 season. Colerne is a special case, that'll never be a trackday venue.

Quote:
I think much of the speed world would be deeply shocked to hear your pretence that track days are OK as there are enough venues around for speed events
Really? or that just your opinion? mine...well so long as we can all get track time no matter how organised then I am a happy chap

Quote:
(and we haven't even mentioned that for many years there has been no hill climb venue at all in the South East quarter of England).
Because there are lots of trackdays run on hill climbs? Who's fault is it that there aren't any in the SE now? pretty sure you can't blame the trackday companies for that one.