View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1416793)   #11
plonkey
Racer

plonkey has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2
just a couple of thoughts, why was the driver involved in the accident at paddock bend not wearing a 'hans device' ?,

I would have thought if A1 was serious, safety would be first ?

and what overtaking was there, I have seen more in any single GP2 race this year ?

even the last F3 at Modello had more passing.....

they may be loud and colourful, but the end they are old technology and F3000 Lola's at that.

I would say they are the big brother of another formula, Palmer audi and look where that is now...boost button and all...

I remember the first year of Cart cars coming to Brands and the crowd was just as big, the acid test is the second or third years....where is Cart now?

the problem is there really is no point to it, it's not one thing or another, GP2 has a reason...F3 has a reason...A1 has no reason.

If anyone thinks this is going to challenge F1, they must be on 'acid' all the hype in the world counts for nought, if the racing has no purpose,

The only people making money are the Teams running them and the 50 paid drivers.....

Sorry to be negative, but just 'cause some rich guy thinks it's a good idea, do we all have to follow like sheep,

Bernie sleep well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gee whiz, that was constructive. Pessimism at its best.