Thread: Germany GP 1950
View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2001, 16:30 (Ref:144051)   #19
fines
Racer

Germany
Bitburg, Germany
fines should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have also some good reasons to believe I'm correct, one is the picture from "Das Auto" showing the first half of the grid seconds before the start. I have sent this info along with more corrections to Paul Sheldon several years ago, and he included part of it in his addenda. However, since most of the data concerning races in Germany during that period was either wrong or incomplete, he then had the idea of doing a book on the subject, with the help of several people, including me, but that project never really got off the ground. I think he is aware of the fact that most of the content of his books is not perfect, but it's better than having no info at all! His books have started many people on their way, including me, and one day, I'm sure, he'll be thinking of re-publishing it all with all the corrections he's received so far. But for the moment he's preoccupied with other projects, one being the final two books in the 'Black Book' series, which should be ready by the end of the year.