Thread: Insurances
View Single Post
Old 12 Mar 2006, 13:52 (Ref:1545117)   #23
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
Hubble - I think you're on a loser with the home insurance, you can argue the semantics of it all you like but they will say that your use is not "social domestic and pleasure" (for want of another phrase) - the fact that you also have "pro" insurance will convince them further. They won't be interested in whether you consider yourself a pro or how the MSA describe a "pro". But it's up to you of course how you deal with it. Pehaps you'd not tell them that you broke your camera whilst diving for cover at Paddock Hill Bend as a GT car came towards you?!
To be honest, I hope I never need to use it. It would be far more trouble to have to replace anything than it is just to look after it to start with. I do still attend many events purely as a spectator, as I cannot gain accreditation for every event I wish to attend. I have the 'pro' insurance because it is a requirement of the circuits, some are more interested in it than others. To date I have only been asked to provide proof of PLI on two occasions, once at a test day, and once at a circuit I was unfamiliar with.

The £5m PLI aspect of my policy was approximately 25% of the total cost of the policy, and I have just £5000 cover for specific items. I have much more kit to add this year, and I rather feel the premium will rise to somewhere near the figure quoted to David L. That I am not looking forward to.....