View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2006, 22:00 (Ref:1587142)   #1
alf
Racer

alf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
no desire to have a go, but....

in the last 3 years I have seen or been the victim of 5 fairly serious incidents, ie car rammed by another competitor usualy, yet Nothing is mentioned in the observers report. on one occasion i was the victim of a back marker changing direction twice on the way in to a corner. at the last minute I was forced on to the grass causing a semi spin and then i was struck by the following car. i was completly inoccent, yet the marshals report blamed me for the crash saying that I tryed to prevent the following car from passing me ( while I was spinning on the grass?????? i never knew I had the skill!) and the back marker never got a mention. I whent on to re take the lead and won the race but was given a 10 second penalty!!!!!!!!!!! so dropped to 5th

Of course we all value your commitment etc but that was just wrong ( and as I say 1 of 5 similar incidents)

a guy had his car writen off at snett the other day and nothing was done to the car who hit him. why
from the on board video it is clear he was struck from behind causing him to spin. He now has a £7000 bill and no one has to say sorry.

Standards seem to be slipping??
what qualifies someone as an observer, say over a normal marshall or is it just one does one thing and another does another.

such a shame because we rely on fair play from you guys