Thread: rubbing
View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2006, 09:07 (Ref:1588432)   #19
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
The only way that I (and my colleagues) can help improve this situation is for drivers to 'stand up and be counted'. The marshals and observers do a terrific job but remember that they're often overstretched through lack of numbers, are trying to 'police' a large area of track and often see and report contact but not what led up to it.
The basis of any judicial action for driving standards is evidence, evidence and more evidence. I'll never shy away from taking action against any driver causing damage or gaining unfair advantage through careless, reckless, dangerous, driving incompatible with safety etc.(there's a whole armory of 'stuff' in the Blue Book just waiting to be used) but I need evidence, not whispers, innuendo, 'background noise' and rumour.
So, to a certain extent, the remedy is in your hands. Bring me evidence and witnesses and I'll do whatever's required to make our sport safer, fairer and damage free. Talk to me!!!!!!!!!!