View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2006, 19:42 (Ref:1643677)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think you'd absolutely have to find a willing investor to kick off all the fanfares, and personally, i'd suggest a year of test running of races and things just to make sure the races are actually interesting. it'd be terrible if say, the cars were actually too wide or big for the circuits. the investor would probably have to front up around say, £6million, which is a lot of money unless you're a big company and you'd get a massive controlling interest in the series. there's not too many individuals in this country who could front up that sort of money happy to lose it.

no, increasingly i'm falling on the side of it not being possible. call me a pessimist, but i wouldn't put that money forward for it.there's no gurantees in terms of spectator numbers, and i'm not convinced how much profit could be made.

edit: i base the £6million on the grounds that teams wouldn't be able to front up the entry fees immediately, in addition to buying the cars, spares, etc etc.

Last edited by bella; 28 Jun 2006 at 19:44.