View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2001, 23:36 (Ref:166771)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yoong : Man on a mission

Quote:
24-year-old Yoong faced an uphill struggle in his learning of Formula One after being employed to replace Tarso Marques before the Italian Grand Prix, not helped by the three-year-old Cosworth V10s team chief Paul Stoddart was forced to use this year.

'This season's engine was lacking in terms of horsepower and that has made everything look a struggle,' explained Yoong to Malaysian paper "Sun".

Previously Asiatech has been using the Peugeot A21 V10 as its platform, but will next year have its own unit that has been designed and developed in house at Velizy, France.

'I anticipate a better season as the team will be using the Asiatech engine,' said Yoong.

But Yoong was equally forthright about his own situation for next season.

'The pressure is for me to do well and I may have to fight to win a point,' he frankly stated.

'It's like a war out there, and even though I was on a learning curve this season I can expect the situation to be even more challenging next year.'

From three races Yoong's best result was at the season closer in Japan, where he finished 16th.

Yoong seems to be a man on a mission !!!!!

Hope his mate for next season will not be Alonso...