View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2006, 14:43 (Ref:1720398)   #38
Shazza
Rookie

Argentina
Adelaide, Australia
Shazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry this is probably a bit too late!

1. Have you attended any motorsport event within the past 12 months?
Yes, lots, including speedway, drags, V8s, and other circuit racing events.

2. If your answer to above was "No", please comment whether you would have attended if the event was a) closer, b) on a different date, c) cheaper to attend, d) other (please explain)
N/A

3. Have you noticed the "male" orientated sponsorship and marketing campaigns on and off the track?
Yes! I have no problem with grid/promotional girls per se, but the sheer number of them at every event makes me think lots of marketing people assume only men are interested in motorsport. Not all sponsors are male oriented though, there are lots of sponsors like Dominos, K-mart, WPS, Sirromet etc which are 'neutral'.

4. Have you read a motorsport event program within the past 12 months?
Yes

5. Have you read a motorsport magazine (ie: Auto Action) within the past 12 months?
Yes

6. Are you interested in participating in motorsport?
Yes, and I do.

7. If you answered yes to the above question, is there a main reason why you have not seeked to partake already?
As above.

8. Do you believe that females should be represented stronger within the motorsport industry?
Yes, I would like to see more women racing, and the numbers seem to be on the increase.

9. Do you believe that females play a strong part in the motorsport industry?
Yes, there are lots of female team members in important roles in V8s teams, they just aren't as visible as the drivers.