Thread: 908
View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2001, 22:54 (Ref:177909)   #11
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: BMW LMP, etc.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by iucrmh

I'll check about spare headlight covers if you are serious, as some of these kits have spares."

Unbelievably, I am serious. I got the whole model finished and then boffed the covers!

"Shame that the only 100% reliable clearcoats are twin pack and very poisonous. I do tend to think that too shiny a model isn't always true to the original but if you want the decals to last for a good few years it is the best way to go."

There are two schools of model building. One is to make the cars as exact as possible for that one instant in time you are trying to re-create. That would include dirt, splatterd bugs and battle damage. "Those are fun because if you make a little mistake, smear some dirt over it!

The other is to make it as perfect and clean a build as possible and make it a work of art. That is the school of building the way I was taught by a grand master. I fail his teachings miserably, but I get better with each one, so there is hope.

I have, however, succumbed to temptation and built a realistic car or two, and the enclosed one is an example of how much fun modelling can be. And not only did this car race in this exact trim, but I saw the fist fight that broke out between the crews after the accident that caused it.
Attached Thumbnails
wreck.jpg