Old 5 Jan 2007, 15:43 (Ref:1807591)   #53
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by wight jr
I think all records are on, some more so than others. The one`s that i think would be hard are, Harewood, that run by Scott was realy good, and Wiscombe because i dont think todays cars are good for a track like that.
Doune will go by the most, Martins record was only .02 off what i did with the little car and if you look at the how other records have fallen then this will go easly on the right weekend. Records are just bench marks us, its nice to have them though.
I have to agree. I can't remember the last hill record breaker who would own up to a perfect run! There was always some slight error which they would like to have ommitted.

I noticed at Wiscombe that the aero packages on differing cars seemed to be creating varied amounts of disturbance in their wake. Certainly on Castle Straight the Goulds seemed to be shifting a lot less air over their rear wings! Might this be due to the fact that they are none-adjustable?

Martin's Doune record was set on a not particularly good week-end. His first 100% dry run was his first timed run on Sunday. Just think what he could do after a week of dry weather!