View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2007, 07:55 (Ref:1829207)   #23
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Thanks John but quickest way to make a car go faster is to change the driver and buy a new set of tyres.Many of the so called back markers are fast cars being driven slowly.I am only 40sec a lap slower than Gareth Burnett around Spa in the same car.I can live with it,maybe the drivers are rubbish but they dont care as they are aware the front runners are not that good either when compared to the best drivers in moderns
John that is a very valid point. I would largely fall into the same catergory as you against either James Shead or has co driven my car or Roger who currently does (but that was last season and it will be different this year!!), however the thread is straying off I think as I am not so interested in a front runner as what people think is going to outperform fiscally. They are normally the same but not always. GTA's have probably outperformed Lotus Cortina's fiscally but I think its fair to say L-C's are still quicker on the track.
Re the 250k for a Le Mans car I can think of several cars but admittedly not from the same era, Group C cars which competed and I saw a Pantera GR4 for sale for less which is really what got me thinking about the whole 60's/70's argument...