View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2007, 13:27 (Ref:1863619)   #222
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think that's a great opportunity for him, I'm sure he's delighted with that.

With only the single car per team on track at any one time though, I find it exceptionally difficult to judge a drivers performance. Maybe I'm the only one. A guy has a great weekend e.g. Halliday and Kerr in Durban (to name just two), but who's to say their teammate or another driver wouldn't have done as well or better in the car on that particular day.

I was looking forward to Kevin Lacroix driving the rookie sessions last week for Canada but really, after the weekend (and what a weekend we had), I have no idea how he did; absolutely nothing to compare it to. I'm sure the teams, with all the data and knowing the set-ups etc., have a better idea how one driver does vs. another, but from the spectator's point of view....I got nothin'. I think the sport needs to address that somehow. Run two cars maybe, during the testing sessions? Dunno.

And, again, maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm off topic too - I know how that's frowned upon around here.