Thread: Podiums
View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2007, 09:08 (Ref:1887047)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
sorry about the lack of caps but my cat is sitting on me and i have a coffee in one hand.

i don´t know to what extent webber is hyped up by the australian media, but hamilton is inevitably hyped up because if you were going to pick anyone who was likely to become a top-liner of the drivers coming through the ranks, it may as well be him. you have to chuckle at the idea that he would´ve been better off testing for a year because he´s not ready, or the idea that he should join a backmarker team because there´s less pressure (not true- this is F1, there is inevitable pressure.)

however i think it was the daily telegraph that i saw on bbc news this morning with a headline advertising the sports section saying ´lewis joins the grand prix greats´...this is simply not the case, not yet. i don´t feel this raises the pressure because as i say, of course there is pressure on him, but it means when hamilton has a performance that doesn´t match their lofty expectations, the press will lay into him which is unfair because he does something that doesn´t match their barometer of expectations.

regarding webber, i feel many here under-rate him, and in response many of those who do rate him respond explicitly with explanations as to why he´s a quality driver. you´re often left with very little middle ground. i feel he´s good though. not one of the most impressive in the junior formulae, but he´s solid now. and perhaps quicker than coulthard.