View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2007, 12:24 (Ref:1893802)   #9
F1n
Rookie

Scotland
F1n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW
Well actually I would argue that "no speed events or rallies" would be more accurate.

For racing (leave aside handicaps) what we actually need is lap recorders. The times are irrelevant except for determining the grid. So get competitiors to agree a way of making up the grid order and we no longer need timekeepers at race events.

Jim
Ah but to be really annoying........... this thread is in the Hillclimb and Sprint section therefore "Noble work timekeeping. No clockies, no racing" is absolutely accurate as there would be no need to specify speed events. But thats me just being an A**e!,

Timekeepers are absolutely crucial and undervalued, i recall being start marshall at a sprint in Alford where the time keeper had to re set up the start beams after a certain Pilbeam MP62 driver took them out on the last lap of his second timed run . It was lashing with rain, everyone had already had a dry run 1st time run and to top it off there was only one more car to run for the day! Timekeeper never uttered a single bad word. I was in histerics as the driver with his tail between his legs happened to be my Dad!