View Single Post
Old 2 May 2007, 14:29 (Ref:1905014)   #60
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRM
I enjoyed watching the Group A stuff but was more interested in the Production Saloons, as that was what Dad was doing and running/preparing drivers/cars for friends and for business but he still watched with great interest and as a kid I tried to remember what was going on!!

It was a shame that Dad had the accident in '79 and things soured so badly with BL from '80 onwards and that pushed him into Production Saloons but then there were the great battles he had with Graham "Skid" Scarborough in the Capris, the Monzas with Tony Lanfranchi and John Cleland and battling against Squeaker in the BMW 6-Series and Colin Blower and Skid again in the Starions.
...and Patrick Watts in the little Fiat Uno turbo- wasn't that one of the cars your Dad was involved with? I seem to remember Watts scoring an outright win in that, somewhere like Cadwell in the wet?

Have we had an 80's prodsaloons thread....? If not, we definitely need one