View Single Post
Old 26 May 2007, 10:01 (Ref:1921441)   #306
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG Rover Sport
I've just checked on www.touringcarracing.net and the Armin Hahne / Eddy Joosen Castrol (Gitanes) sponsored Rover Vitesse was indeed NÂș 8 for the 1984 Nurburgring ETC round on 8 July 1984 - proving that the photo I posted within Post #338 (above) was indeed from that event as 'chunterer' suggested. Incidentally, the duo finished 15th Overall & 13th in Class.
There you go!

Mind you I still got one half of that driving pairing for that race wrong thus revealing chip in the archive brain!

That particular livery was imo one of the prettiest Vitesse liveries of the period. When I was little when I first saw any colour shots of it in Autopoor or whatever I initially thought it was Rouse's car because at first glance the paint scheme is similar.

The other thing about that particular chassis is judging by the Spa shots and I suspect Nurby, it got one hell of a battering in it's competitive life!!! Must have been one of the 'Torpedo' cars of that season.

It did 3 possibly 4 rounds that year (in that livery?) Zeltweg, Nurby, Spa and then not sure but maybe Zolder as the squad was slightly depleted for the last 2 races as Tom sent an effort to Bathurst, and as far as I can tell the Fleet cars didn't enter Mugello at all?. If it did it did do others events, did it also run in another livery ? Have to say I can't recall if we've pinned down the number of this particular car yet.

(Note, Rouse and other Group A builds also need to be explored at some point as we seem to, with good reason, concentrated on confirming the 20 odd TWR chassis first as there's lot more of them.)

Last edited by chunterer; 26 May 2007 at 10:10.