View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2007, 13:48 (Ref:1964437)   #37
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccooke
I had an IO watching my back but had he not been there i would have appriciated a whistle from Anyone when the pack came round.
You're missing one of the fundamental rules of marshalling here. If you can't do it safely, don't do it!. You are responsible first & foremost for your own safety; if you're constantly getting into situations where you're needing someone with a whistle to alert you to impending danger, you need to reassess the way you approach incidents. (Note: the use of 'you' is not in any way intended as a criticism of you personally - it's intended as a generalisation!)

I'm accustomed to the observer, or the de facto observer, being the only person on the post with a whistle; MarshalGirl has explained the reasons for that - I see no need for change.