View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2007, 14:20 (Ref:1966582)   #25
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
I must admit F3 this year seems a bit more follow-my-leader than in previous years. Mustonen got close to Hohenthal but then got Formulaoneitis and couldn't pass. Hope F3 doesn't go the way of F1 with the aero situation and lack of overtaking... it wasn't like that before... must be this generation of cars.
To be fair, Mustonen had a serious attempt at Druids on the last lap, to the extent that they banged wheels, then Hohenthal got very defensive on Cooper Straight, changing direction several times according some observers.

And don't forget Gonzalez's charge from 12th to 4th in race 1, plus Mustonen's climb from a distant dead last (30th) to 14th, so at least a couple of drivers showed that it could be done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
luckily everyone else seemed to know the race had finished the lap before, and I got a decent shot of the top 3 and Fortec celebrating!
The teams are very quick to get on the radio to the drivers, which is probably what saved the day. Otherwise there could have been the dangerous situation where some were still racing and some were not.