View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2007, 09:22 (Ref:2035667)   #667
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
O.K,Here goes.First off is this performace issue,Had a long chat with an incensed Whizzo concerning some of the lap times being posted.Whiz and I both know that my car will do a 12,we were with-in 2.5 tenths of each other last time out at Spa in very low 13s!.It looked as though we were in for a good scrap with him being in Alan Newton,s similarly legal version,we had been looking forward to it for week,s!
Peter took the first stint,progresively taking 2/4 cars per lap,his times were coming down nicely,so it started to look pretty good[He now knows that Eau Rouge IS flat!]At 1.25 hrs he came in with a water problem[No ,not him,the car]Very hot,so we topped it up,I jumped in and all seemed O.K after a reccie lap,time to get on it.However,after three the temp crept up so fan on and see what happens,eased off and kept it down to 6thou.Water started spraying back onto the screen,so in again,this happened every five laps or so,water top ups,screen clean etc,better have some lights now,trundling around and around,got the In in 1,O.K,it needs water ,so thats fine,try and make up a bit fot the driver change,fully commited into Pouhon in forth having turned in with the usuall one application of lock,and then Nothing,totally cut out ,so after executing a 1180deg spin and parking six feet from the tyres next to the Marshalls post[Many thanks for the Smoke Boys]Had the bonnet up,no torch,no nothing.Game over!!!! Sorry !Peter,I must say many thank,s for looking after the car,and next year?You,r welcome!