View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2007, 10:18 (Ref:2038386)   #68
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkfan
so these will be the only open wheel ferrari's other than the f1 right !!
From what I've seen in the press releases the chassis will be developed 'with' Ferrari and the cars will be badged as 'powered by Ferrari' so the cars won't actually be Ferraris (no idea who will do the construction though?) but the engine will be pure Ferrari (with a 'boost' button?).

I hope the car is designed from a blank sheet - aero needs to be carefully monitored to make sure the cars can still follow each other so if they use the F2007 as a basis then it'll need all the wafty winglets etc etc removing otherwise A1 will become just as processional as F1. Any news on tyres? A move to Bridgestone?

To be honest I'd rather have seen A1 continue with an independent chassis firm like Lola or Dallara or at least hook up with a manufacturer that isn't in F1.