View Single Post
Old 18 Nov 2007, 12:12 (Ref:2070106)   #33
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race 1 - WHT - Heat 1

I must admit that I don't try very hard to fully understand the qualifying process for the WHT Final, but there are opportunities for those who fail to make their mark in the qualifying heats to get through later, although that is pretty hard to achieve, I understand. I'm sure that Ian could explain in greater detail if he so chose! Ok, so it's simple really!

However, the first heat, was held before lunch on Saturday. It is quite unusual to see a Formula Ford 1600 racing alone, especially at the front, but young Wayne Boyd is one of the rising stars of this series and he won the first heat comfortably by over 5 seconds in Van Diemen RF92:-

More typical was the race for 2nd, and this was only a heat! Morgan Dempsey (46 - RF91 - 2nd), Edward Moore (9 - RF99 - 3rd), Barry Linley (76 -RF90 - 5th) and Patrick McKenna (191 - RayGRS07 - 4th). Just one second covered all four at the end:-

Not very historic but I'm flexible! Nick Jones finished 10th in his RF01:-