View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2008, 19:03 (Ref:2098180)   #11
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
The appearance of Johnson & Bowe had created abit of buzz locally down here as well, infact at one stage it was mentioned Channel 7 were going to show the TT live down here, though unsuprisingly that didn't materialise (was there any live TV of the event, or just the Hay-Fisher post produced footage?)

There were mutterings locally as well that in 1989 Johnson & Bowe would return to drive together in the second Trackstar Sierra at the Donnington 1-hour race, though again that didn't eventuate.

Tomas Mezera ran the odd round in 1990 in the Labatts Sierra's (Donnington partnering Lawrence Bristow, then a run at Brands wasn't it), how did he secure that drive?
I don't recall any live coverage at all- the BTCC was only begininng to get regular TV in the form of post-produced highlights packages, and there was no regular UK coverage of the ETCC that I can remember- maybe the occasional bit of TT highlights.

I remember Mezera having a couple of races in the Labatt's Sierra- Paul Radisich had an outing in a Rouse car in one of the 2-driver races (Brands I think) as well if I remember correctly. I don't know how these deals came together, although Mezera had a bit of BTCC history by that point, having had a few runs in the Trident Motorsport Maserati in '89