View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2109383)   #77
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
I thought the Hodgetts car was built and run by Brooklyn- think they may still have it, I'm sure I''ve seen pics of it in one of the Ford mags at some point
Indeed, some years ago I had to drive to Brooklyn's in Kidderminster for some reason or other and parked round the back. As I was walking past one of their storage garages the doors were slightly ajar and I caught something out of corner of my eye buried amongst road cars. I turned to look and there was the red Hodgetts car!

If it was snew build fair enough, I was just thinking laterally. Red car, Rouse and Hodgetts being local to each other at the time and all that.

Shame we never got to see Chris with a regular competitive drive in the top class. He was very good! The JQF car he drove for bit in '89 wasn't all that good with it's unleaded fuel and the MIL Supra's never got developed properly like they did in Japan.