View Single Post
Old 21 May 2008, 00:06 (Ref:2207887)   #17
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
It will be an injustice if Bourdais finishes ahead in the championship due to a reliable run in Australia.
Huh? I don't comprehend this...

Bourdais drove brilliantly in Melbourne, and was pulling away from the Kovalainen/Alonso battle before his engine detinated. How you could begrudge him points earned from that drive is mystifying to me...

Motor racing is full of instances like this - Webber owned Coulthard last season, but Coulthard ended up with more points. Coulthard is lauded for scoring Red Bull's first podium at Monaco - but many neglect the fact that his team mate Klien was in front of Coulthard when he was forced to retire.

I like to think that most sensible people can look past the numbers on a piece of paper to find the real story.

Anyway, these two have been pretty even so far this season. I don't think it is necessary to start proclaiming winners or humblings just for the sake of it - when they have clearly been quite level to date.