View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2286325)   #30
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtiejjj
I don't want to offend the man, but why on earth has he got 4 cavaliers?
Apparently #017 (Jeff Allam 1994 car- Mike brought it back from Australia after racing it at Bathurst) #018 (1994 Cleland 'GM Card' car), #022 (1995 Cleland championship winner) #023 (1995 James Thompson- the car Cleland shunted at Goodwood this year)- both '95 chassis were brought back from Australia.

http://www.supertouringregister.com/...r/model/14.php

As Craner said, it's better to see them in the hands of a serious enthusiast who'll both maintain and use them than have them stuck in a workshop gathering dust, or worse, broken up for parts...I reckon in a few years time, there could be a lot of interest in 'Historic Supertouring' cars- it'll be interesting to see the response to the Silverstone race next year- my first thought was that it's a bit early for this yet, but....

I suspect he must have a fair collection- going off-topic, presumably he's still got all of the MG-Lolas chassis he's used in the LMS, and if I recall rightly, he originally owned more than one of the various Saleens campaigned by Graham Nash Motorsport and RML in British & FIA GT a few years back....

Last edited by KA; 10 Sep 2008 at 09:31.