Thread: Stig's Tracks
View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2008, 20:41 (Ref:2335432)   #69
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Based on a 1/4 mile drag strip I'd say that you don't need the 1-2-3 chicane as the front straight would be under or just on 5/8 mile (1km). THis would remove the most glaring issue of the pitlane exit which on the current chicane is highly dangerous. The new pitlane exit would simply rejoin the straight.

LuiggiSpeed will probably pick up the fact that you are using the actual dragstrip, he can explain better than me about the issues that generates. But a solution is simply to have the track run parallel with the dragstrip.

Overall I like the shape and the minor issues can be easily resolved.