View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2008, 18:47 (Ref:2339669)   #25
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
When I said what I said last night I figured there was more to come from the cars in qualifying, (which has been shown in qualifying) which is why I wasnt comparing them to the previous A1 GP car and rather the current specifcation GP2 Asia car, and whilst the fastest A1 GP time this year was 1.5 seconds faster than last year it is still pretty dissapointing. If anything though the cars are more comparable to WSR in terms of pace, they are slower than Formula Nippon which had a pole time this year of 1:43.61. The A1 cars are however quite a bit faster than the Formula Renault V6 Asia times which had a pole of 1:58.429 this year, although that should be expected as the series is just above F3.
Why all the discussion about times?

Surely I can't be the only one who couldn't care a less if they lapped in 5 hours. Providing the racing's good, close, and fun - what else matters?!