View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2008, 17:32 (Ref:2354752)   #39
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
All of this will result in slower cars which IMHO is why I follow this thing in the first place. GP2 and other series will be turning the same times and take F1 from the pinnacle to a high priced joke.

I predict a future of extremely boring races with cars plodding along saving fuel, engines, driving slowly to warm tires and other stupid things. At least fuel strategy and pit stops gave us something to wonder about. The team that gets it right in the beginning will dominate the season because in-season improvements will be almost non-existent. Let's see, car A has it right and wins 8 medals after 9 races in a 18 race season so the WDC is over and we can watch football for the rest of year.

Let's see, if one driver dominates qualifying in a processional races that would eliminate the possibility of multiple winners so we will have to come up with another stupid qualifying method to "shake up the grid artificially". How about a lottery, reverse grid or letting the fans pick the poll sitter? Or maybe everybody gets a turn.

A total spec series is coming, mark my words. What's next Comrade Mosley; regulating team salaries? How about we start with yours!

I like open wheeled cars and road courses but F1 is rapidly becoming a gimmicky joke and losing my interest. I have a feeeling it may possibly lose the interest of the best drivers too at some point when the rest of the world tunes out.