Old 7 Jan 2009, 13:53 (Ref:2367034)   #44
PTRACER
Racer

England
Romford, Essex, U.K.
PTRACER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
However you still get people coming in haggling especially on van sign writing(especially foreign guys who could get it done back home for a lower price, I then ask them why are they here, obvious because they can earn bigger money here and that bigger money has to come form somewhere which is why I cannot charge Rumanian or Polish prices ), I just find it depressing in the end.
I've never had an British customer haggle with me. Not once. 90% of all non-British customers I've had have wanted to strike a deal with me. One offered to call my local newspaper up and get me cheaper advertising, if I did her job for nothing. I preferred to take the £95 for the job and try and get the cheaper advertising myself!

The British way of doing business is - "This is the price, it's non-negotiable, you pay it, or try to find a company that's doing it cheaper." If you're already under-cutting the opposition, they'll come crawling back to you when they can't find anyone cheaper (as a number of customers already have done with me, several months after telling me I was too expensive).