Thread: Team GBR
View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2009, 09:41 (Ref:2420062)   #88
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The PR surrounding the team just isn't strong enough to generate interest on anything like a decent scale, on these shores. When A1 was launched, nigh-on everyone i know had heard of the series, the turn-out at the first event was astonishing, for a new series. The message of 'all the cars are the same' worked a treat, but now...well, hardly anyone remembers the series.

The likes of Ant Davidson should be in the car. I mean, surely that's got to be a better option for him, than sitting at home doing nowt all season?! He'd at least bring a bit of pedigree to the mix, and with his wife Carrie's PR expertise, surely they could build the team around him and raise his, and the teams profile a bit!? Danny Watts really isn't the answer, regardless of how quick he may be...Robbie Kerr certainly wasn't either, but at least he became symbolic of the A1 team.

They need to attract someone who's either got LOADS of money, is blindingly quick, or has a huge personality. I don't see that any of the current drivers really tick those boxes...