Thread: Team GBR
View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2426246)   #106
Andrew Volcker
Rookie

Andrew Volcker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once again it's a shame gossip is causing such chaos within motorsport... whether it's F1 or A1! I don't think any of us have the facts yet about this administration and I'm sure most of the truths will come out over time. What I do know from my contacts within A1 is that Team GBR is not in administration - what is, is a company called A1 GP UK. As far as I know the company had a number of shareholders, some of which have decided to leave due to personal financial reasons and this is the reason for what is going on. Tony Clements has been left with no choice but to re-structure the team, which as far as I know is unaffected in it's operational affairs. With regard to his daughter, she was left with picking up the pieces from the outrageous spending in the first couple of seasons & has had to cut costs left, right and centre whilst trying to run the team and get money in from sponsors and other parties. I don’t know anything about the drivers situation but surely the question is, who on earth would offer to pay drivers in the early stages of a series, particularly when drivers normally pay the teams!!! Team GBR has been one of the most consistent in A1 – obviously this year has been a disappointment but most of that is because they got their car so late. I look forward to some positive news and seeing Team GBR on the grid for Portugal and Brands Hatch! Lastly, has anyone heard the rumor about a possible race in Mexico?