Thread: WTCC Equalisation...
View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2009, 19:24 (Ref:2442494)   #49
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wrote: Just tell me what did Andy screw up to determine himself being 2nd, where did Yvan and SEAT play a better driving and team effort.
When was Andy 2nd behind Yvan? Think before talking, which you don't seem to do much often.
You put forward Farfus while I was talking about Priaulx-Muller, again a misunderstanding.
When you support someone you use the 'us', it's common, but of course if you don't respect anyone I suppose you also don't have the sensibility to stick to a brand and a driver. As for the 'Chevy' thing, there are interviews I did with Huff and Menu stating the Seats were too quick in Valencia last year, so as usual you talk without knowing.
JM was taken out by GT who was disqualified, so one car less for Seat and 1 car less for BMW, we go back to the numbers I mentioned before.
It wouldn't be unfairly underpowered, since now they are unfairly overpowered as they have a turbo. It's the same old problem, you keep defending it but it's not a decent point, as the top speeds speak for themselves. I said, anyway, that SEAT should have LESS advantage, not be slower than the BMWs of course, but again you overdo and make me look as I said things I never said, which is what a person with a weak opinion does.
It's not a progress, it's something I always stated. Let's see how long it takes before you connect your brain with your hands when writing and look at the standings as they are, without saying 'if the mistakes hadn't been done', as mistakes happen but SEAT are dominating. You can't prove BMW would have won if the mistakes wouldn't have been made, so think before talking, again.
Luckily we share the same opinion about GT, otherwise we'd really have a hard argument. Anyway, once again we can't prove JM would have done what Andy hasn't been able to do.
Your statements are ridicoulous, since you consider a triple world champion passing a driver like Genè, a guy pretty incline to making mistakes: take the 2 world class drivers, Yvan and Andy and then compare them. Of course BMW have been able to pass sometimes, we're not under SC when racing, but in the end it's useless to pass as they have Tarquini who pushes the BMWs off when they pass, anyway. Before you say anything, I want to remind you that I always recognized Yvan (and also Rydell, another super experienced driver and a correct but hard one) as being a super driver, so that's what you also have to take into account. There are some drivers who fully exploit the power of the Leon TDi, and those are virtually not overtakable.
About the Turbo, you also have to consider that of course every engine would have to be redesigned, some partially and some totally, in order to work at their best with a turbo, but it would also be a one-off expense, so it'd be ok IMO, if the changes are done properly and gradually, with a long period between announcing the new rules and making them effective. For instance, if they decide it in June this year, the changes would have to be effective from 2011 on.