View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2009, 07:50 (Ref:2449687)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
VSCC, Spring Start - 25 April, 2009

Great cars, some good weather (although a cold wind later in the day), some very good racing and what appeared to be a very high spectator turnout, contributed to an excellent meeting for the VSCC's first race meeting of the year.

An errand of mercy for the National Editor of Autosport, who also accompanied me to the meeting, meant what was a later than usual arrival for me, and we had to queue 10 minutes to get in; it took us even longer to get out at the end of the day, so I'm betting this was the best spectator turnout that this meeting has had for some years, and in keeping with my observations about other historic meetings that I have attended so far this year. I also think that some of the grids were larger than in previous years.

I will do my usual pit and paddock shots post, but race reviews will be a bit hit and miss, because after two races, I gave up on my new camera with short lens (long lens at repairers, remember!) and resorted to my old faithful 'pit and paddock' Fuji S5000 which was last used for my 'racing' pics back in 2007, so not only limited by location choice, poor quality is assured!

Any other Ten Tenther go?