View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2009, 11:26 (Ref:2492650)   #67
lovretta
Rookie

Croatia
Croatia
lovretta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello again... Does nobody watch this space...

I'm sorry for my stumbling into this thread / forum with just a few words, i'm currently very busy and in the normal days i just don't have enough time to write more then few lines...

Well enough of that, did anyone watch the video? As i see it here are some members that know how the car sounded / should sound. I don't, i was just a small kid back in the days these machines were modern.

I'm really desperate to find some onboard of it, i know for few of them, but all those are useless because of poor sound quality and more then it commentary voice.

Here are the vids i'm talking about:

#1 1981 Bathurst Allan Grice racecam - this one is the longest, and there are parts long enough to be used as source, but sound quality is very poor, probably because it was taken from microphone located inside Allan's helmet (just a guess tough)

#2 Prince Leopold racecam, located in headlight! - this one is not bad, you can hear the engine, but it's muffled alot probably because microphone is also in the headlight and it has heavy wind-noise reduction. Also because mic is almost in the engine bay, exhaust sound will hardly be heard, so it might sound much different then it should if the mic was in the cabin.

#3 same car as the above, this time Denny Hulme driving - same goes for this one, just that this one has bit different equalization then the other video which is bit weird - probably goes to different source of the vid, it could be down to two different VHS tapes used...

#4 1984 DTM 635 onboard Hockenheim - this one is the only onboard recorded in last few years, but car has S38 engine, and probably was recorded by mobile phone because again, quality sound doesn't exist

#5 this is 1981 Bathurst Top Ten Shootout - this one has pretty good sound quality, skip to 8:20 to listen, probably mic in the engine bay. But it's too short and also has commentary voice....

#6 Bathurst '85 Allan Moffat test drives the 635 this one also has good sound, but here we have some music alongside commentary, and at the end of the video, some moments before coming down to conrod, onboard microphone is used as sound source.

#7 this one is something else - recorded nowadays, and the car probably is not a Gr. A car, and i guess doesn't sound too similar as Gr A ones...

So please, just comment on WIP sound and say "no man, you failed at the attempt, it doesn's sound like it". Or even better, if someone here knows someone having the 635 Gr A, ask 'em if they have some onboard recorded by themself, it's too bad that the extraordinary musical note of these beautiful machines is set to exist only in drivers memory....

Cheers,
Domagoj