View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 2009, 07:59 (Ref:2497067)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I think this will have profound effects now I have seen it more. I have been trying to find a van for my son in law who has a limited budget of about £2k max (thats all I will lend him ) for the last month or so and asked several of my customers who I have signwrote their new vans for and a typical answer Friday was 'Well we have one of our Vito's coming up for change but as in October it will qualify for the scrappage scheme we are going to chop it in for a new one'. Now this is a clean and vey usable vehicle that is simply going to be put on the scrap heap before its time and IMHO I don't think its very green and just damned right wastful of earths resources. A similar thing must be hapening with cars as I noticed a few Coupes etc that seemed in fair nick being crushed on a news program yesterday so I do think it will have a major effect on the availability of good shells and spares in the future as it seems they insist on total crushing of the vehicle to qualify. BTW I at last found him a truely excellent R plate Toyota Powervan (they are like hens teeth at the moment) for £900 last night worth double that so he is off to work this morning like a dog with two cocks and my daughter at last gets her beloved Ford Focus back!