View Single Post
Old 6 Aug 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2516878)   #55
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty boy View Post
It's worth bearing in mind the audience they've tried to appeal to (with Pussy Cat Dolls, Blue) it's going to be anyone born around late 80's early 90's, hence you have to think about what cars were on the walls of those born at that time.
I'm not sure that the concerts and racing were aimed at the same audience. When I left on Friday there was a steady flow of people coming in to the circuit, who from their age and dress were clearly only there for the PCD concert.

With regards to the argument that it was too soon for the ST race, does anyone know what year the Group C cars first appeared at the Silverstone Classic? I suspect at the time the latest of the cars would have been a similar age to what the later ST cars are now.

On a totally unrelated note, what are people's opinions of the type of races being run. A lot of the races are the same as those run regularly at Masters/HSCC events. Obviously an easy option as you've pretty much got a ready made grid, but you loose some uniqueness. For all their faults the Touring Car race, and to a lesser extent the Mini race, at least felt like something different - a mix of cars that maybe you wouldn't normally see racing together. Does the Classic need to mix it up a bit more and distinguish itself for being just another Masters/HSCC meeting? That isn't necessarily intended as a criticism, merely an observation.