View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2009, 17:55 (Ref:2522431)   #30
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
It's the points scoring that puzzles me- take the Dyson Lolas as an example. OK, they'll score points as part of a single LMP class, racing directly against existing LMP1s, with restrictor/weight breaks to bring them to a degree of theoretical parity with the LMP1 Acuras

However, at Sebring and PLM, they're going to run to strict ACO weight/restrictor regs, as a separate LMP2 class- So how do you work out points for the ALMS LMP class? Do you take that based on a simple finishing order for the protos, irrespective of class?

If I'm Rob Dyson, I'm not going to be happy about having to race at Sebring and PLM with my hands tied, running a less competitive car on P2 weight/restrictors, when in championship terms I'm actually trying to compete against Acura etc in an overall points table....
Once again, it is not that difficult! Cars that are base P-2s can be scored as such and the same will apply for P-1s for those rounds that run under seperate classes. Then for the converged rounds it can scored as a single class, with accumulative points for overall with the head to head results taking care of any ties.

L.P.