View Single Post
Old 22 Oct 2009, 17:08 (Ref:2567252)   #255
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, let's see where this goes. I can always move it to a new or different thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUT 7 View Post
I do understand this is a grown up site and the post is a bit childish but heh..
Debatable. I don't think we are all that grown up .... sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUT 7
Also Goodwood stipulate, and this is usefull for us, that the cars that race there have to use 'in era' rubber compounds.
Is this actually true though? I can accept that the tyres may physically, in tread pattern and dimensions, appear like the originals, but surely the rubber compound is unlikely to be so. What tyre manufacturer would continue to use 40 odd year old rubber technology just to produce a few hundred covers each year? I'm betting that however original these tyres look, they provide better grip/sidewall integrity etc, now.