View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2002, 13:12 (Ref:257239)   #23
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prozac

what about the norma w12, also in 1990. why anyone would want to use the life w12 f1 engine i dont kow, that barely lasted to the end of the pitlane in f1 guise, were the team mad to think it would last 24 hours!! also ken wells said that no one believed it actually existed as there was never any sign of it in the paddock until scrutineering, anyone got any pics of this one as well?
I've definitely seen a photo of it somewhere- it was sitting on axle stands in the team's awning in the paddock, which was pretty much the only place it ever went- from the account I've read, getting the engine to last to the end of the pitlane would have been an achievement- apparently at Le Mans they couldn't even get it to fire up........

1990 was a classic year for bad cars at LM- both the Eagle and the Norma.....!

In terms of failure rated against money spent etc, then the Merc CLR has to be a contender- with their track record, how could they have got it so wrong???

Last edited by KA; 11 Apr 2002 at 13:18.